Most smokers already know that switching to vaping will dramatically and positively affect their long term health. So why are so many people still afraid to make the transition? It is because it is in our nature as human beings to fear change? For most smokers, it takes more than sheer willpower to quit once and for all. Instead of giving you a long list of possible health benefits like reducing the risk of cancer, emphysema, or heart disease, let’s give you some more practical reasons that you can actually relate to.
- Running Outdoors to Light Up: Whenever smokers venture out into public venues, like movie theatres, restaurant, nightclubs, or even their own places of employment, they are forced to leave the excitement periodically in order to walk outside and smoke a cigarette. Meanwhile while you are outside smoking, you likely get a lot of stares from onlookers because smoking in now considered so very socially unacceptable.
- Smoking in the rain: Isn’t it more than a little bit embarrassing to be standing outdoors in a thunderstorm smoking a cigarette? Or how about during the winter in sub-zero temperatures? Turn to vaping, and you’ll never have to worry about this again.
- Rejection and Judgement from Others: We’ve all been there. We’re at a club, talking to a pretty girl or a cute guy from the gym. And 10 minutes into the conversation, we have to excuse ourselves to go outside and smoke a cigarette.When we come back inside, the hottie has vanished. Like it or not, most non-smokers find smoking cigarettes disgusting. Kissing a smoker is like licking an ashtray. If you’re single, smoking significantly reduces your available dating options. Turn to vaping, and now you can “play the field."
- Smoky Clothes: As smokers, we rarely notice how smoky and smelly our clothes can get. But non-smokers can smell the odorous stench of tobacco cigarettes from several feet away. In fact, many non-smokers hate even being around friends who smoke because the second-hand smoke seeps into their own clothes, as well. For those in a profession that deals with the public, switching to vaping might actually give you a significant boost in your career and professional reputation.
- Leaving your kids: There you are, with your kids, playing video games or monopoly. Then the urge to smoke hits you. You are forced to go outside once again to light up a cigarette. Not only are you sending a terrible message to your kids about smoking, but you are also taking away quality time with your family.
We didn’t even mention the bad breath and smokers cough that always seems to come with smoking tobacco cigarettes. Then we have the dirty ashtrays in our cars, homes, and offices that always need constant emptying and look so unsightly to visiting guests. And of course, there is always the issue of money. A pack of cigarettes costs anywhere from $5 to $20 dollars, depending on where you live. The cost of a high-quality vape kit will pay for itself in about a week. Sure, you might miss that early morning cigarette with a big cup of coffee, but there are so many other things that you WON’T miss, too!