For those who are new to the vaping community, cloudchasing is a type of competitive ”sport” that is gaining in popularity. Sometimes referred to as “stunt vaping,” cloudchasing contests are sprouting up in vape shops around the globe with the simple goal of blowing the most massive vapor clouds possible. Winners get all sorts of prizes, depending on the event. From free vape pens to cash prizes in the thousands of dollars, many competitive cloudchasers are always looking for new techniques and strategies to boost their cloud production.
(Courtesy of MrLongDrag.com)
Learn the Basics First
For cloudchasing newbies, there are nine essential factors to consider. But remember, cloudchasing can be rather dangerous if attempted without knowing the basics of battery safety and Ohm’s Law. RastaVapors recommends watching as many videos as possible to learn the fundamentals of cloudchasing before undertaking this activity. Here are the nine basic factors of successful cloudchasing:
1. Battery Safety: Always purchase the safest batteries possible. Even the most expensive batteries will only cost a couple of extra dollars while lasting for several months.
2. Airflow: Cloudchasers usually demand higher airflow capabilities with devices of lower resistance ratings. But excessive airflow can also thin out your clouds.
3. Atomizer: Almost all competitive cloudchasers use an RDA. The Tugboat or the Plume Veil are very popular options.
4. Mod: Low resistance coils need a powerful mod. Choosing the right brand is essential.
5. E-juice: For the thickest possible clouds, use e-juices with the highest VG content possible.
6. Wicks: The proper wick material is a very important factor for bigger clouds. You want a wick that allows optimum juice and airflow to the coil.
7. Design: Different designs will produce clouds of varying sizes and density. Start by looking for a product with a lower resistance rating.
8. Cloudchasing Technique: How you position your body, inhale, and exhale are all very important considerations for blowing bigger clouds. Your technique may take several months to perfect.
9. Genetics: Some vapers simply have a larger lung capacity than others.
With the popularity of competitive cloudchasing, the vaping industry is releasing a steady stream of new RDA’s and sub-ohm tanks into an already overflowing marketplace. Many manufacturers are offering new updates and revisions to existing product lines almost every month. So, cloudchasing usually requires staying up-to-date with the latest vaping technology and information. Because sub-ohm vaping deals with electricity, it can be very dangerous if the vaper does not exercise extreme caution. But cloudchasing can be a great deal of fun! Just be sure to vape responsibly.